Last Updated: March 2023
We're now part of Endeavor, a global leader in sports, fashion, events, media, and talent representation.
We've added more detail about what data we collect, how we use your data, and who we share it with.
If you are a California resident, please see "Information for California Consumers" below.
WHO WE ARE
We are Barrett-Jackson Holdings, LLC ("Barrett-Jackson" or "we"), which includes "Barrett-Jackson Auction Co., LLC", "Barrett-Jackson Media", "Barrett-Jackson Showroom", "Collector Car Network", "AutoHunter", and "ClassicCars.com". We are also part of Endeavor and may share data with its affiliated entities ("Endeavor").
Like any company, we use a variety of third-party businesses and partners to market and provide our Services to you. Some of those companies are part of Endeavor and some are third parties that we partner with or support our operations so we can provide the best experience to you.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register to become a bidder, request to or consign a vehicle, create an online account, register to access our Wi-Fi service, use our site navigation app, make a purchase, participate in a contest, promotion or other event, submit a registration or application form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, physical address, payment method information, driver's license information and any other information you choose to provide.
- Blog Posts
To use certain features of the blog, such as posting a comment or subscribing to email updates, you must complete a form in which you provide us with your contact information (such as your name and email address). We use this information to contact you about the Services in which you have expressed interest.
- Surveys and Contests
From time to time we may offer you the opportunity to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or surveys. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes, or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as your age and postal code).
We use this information to gather feedback about our sites' features, notify contest winners, and/or to send participants an email newsletter.
We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; any such company will be prohibited from using our users' personal information for any other purpose.
- Social Sharing and "Send to a Friend"
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our sites or post on a blog, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to view a vehicle listing or visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and for tracking the success of our referral programs.
Your friend may contact us using our feedback page to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of our online Services, including which features you interact with, purchases you make, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and similar usage information.
- Wi-Fi Service Information: When you access our Wi-Fi service at one of our events, we may collect information about your use of that service, including URLs you access, search terms, information about files you access, and information about the senders and recipients of unencrypted communications you send and receive. We will only use this information to investigate actual or potential violations of our user agreements or to protect the rights, property and safety of Barrett-Jackson or others.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers (such as MAC address), and mobile network information.
- Log Information: We collect server logs in connection with your use of our Services, which include IP address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), the specific action taken through our Services, the date and time of the action, operating system, and web browser type and language.
- Event Location Information: When you attend one of our events, we may use the MAC address of your device and your proximity to our Wi-Fi access points, to determine your device's location. Please see "Your Choices" below for more information.
- RFID or NFC Tag Information: The credentials we provide our VIPs, bidders, consignors, and other select customers or attendees may contain Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) or Near Field Communication (NFC) tags. These tags are small radio chips that can be read by scanners at our events. Each tag contains a unique code that is associated with each person using the credential, allowing us to facilitate entry into restricted areas and provide certain benefits or services to those individuals.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
- Cookies, which are small files that are sent to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, and are used to recognize your browser and track your usage each time you visit;
- Mobile device identifiers, which are unique identifiers established by your mobile device operating system that we collect from our mobile apps. These identifiers are used for similar purposes as cookies;
- Local storage, which stores data locally in your browser or device, including user preferences; and
- Pixel tags, which are small blocks of code often used in connection with cookies. Pixel tags (or web beacons) may be placed on our websites and emails and allow us to track website usage and determine when emails have been opened and acted upon.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources. For instance, we may receive information about you from corporate sponsors or partners that attend or participate in the events and from third parties that sell tickets to our events. Additionally, if you link your Barrett-Jackson account with an account you have with a social media service (such as Facebook), we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, profile image, and other account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures established by that service.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may combine the information we collect about you and use this information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide and improve our events, products and Services;
- Send you technical notices and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Personalize our Services and events, including by providing content, advertisements or features we think will be of interest to you;
- Facilitate contests and promotions and process and deliver prizes;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services and events;
- Detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Barrett-Jackson and others; and
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- We may share your information with Endeavor entities, select partners, or sponsors that may use this information to send you marketing they think will be of interest to you, including any sponsor identified on the page you use to register to access our Wi-Fi service;
- With service providers who access the information in connection with the services they perform for us;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Barrett-Jackson or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- If you are a consignor/seller or winning bidder/buyer of a vehicle at one of our auctions or events, your contact information will be shared with the other party to the transaction; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties, which cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you
Account Information You may update the online account information you provide to us by logging into your online account.
Cookies Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Promotional Communications You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Event Location Information Please contact us at: [email protected] if you want to opt out of our collection of location information when you attend an event. We will need you to provide us with your device MAC address to facilitate this opt out. This opt out will only work for each unique MAC address, so you will need to opt out for each device you bring to an event. And any device that periodically resets its MAC address will be treated as a new device that requires a new opt-out. Keep in mind, you can also turn off all Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals to avoid collection of this information.
RFID or NFC Tags If you are attending one of our events and are provided a credential for access to restricted areas at the event, you may request to receive a credential that does not contain a RFID or NFC tag. Please submit your request to us prior to attending the event through the information listed in the "Contact Us" section below.
Do Not Track Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether you intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether you even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
We do not knowingly collect information from children who are under 13 years old. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is 13-16 years old and using our Services, please send us an email at [email protected] opt in to the use of your personal information or request deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is under 13 years old and using our Services, please contact us to arrange for deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
The length of time we retain personal information collected from you depends on a variety of factors, including the following:
- Whether you have consented to us maintaining and using it;
- Whether and to what extent you have restricted or limited the use in some fashion pursuant to your particular consumer rights;
- Whether and to what extent the information is still relevant to our legitimate business purposes within the use of information section above; and
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect the information we collect, we cannot guarantee its security.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
You may have certain rights in relation to your personal data which include the following:
- Access & Portability: You may request access to any personal data of yours for which Barrett-Jackson is responsible as controller. Unless there are legal or regulatory reasons for not doing so, we will confirm whether we process any of your personal data and, if requested, provide you with other information such as purpose of processing, the categories of personal information processed, and recipients of the information. You may also request that we transfer the personal data that you have submitted to us, to another controller, where it is technically feasible for us to do so.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that Barrett-Jackson rectify any errors in the personal data that we process. In some circumstances, you may also be able to ask for the erasure of personal data, and/or request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. You may also object to the processing of your personal data for sales or marketing purposes.
- Deletion (the right to be forgotten): You have the right to request that Barrett-Jackson delete your personal data (the right to be forgotten).
You may also have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to our further processing your personal information. However, we may be entitled to continue processing it in line with applicable law.
You may also have the right, where provided under applicable law, to ask us to stop processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information or by clicking "unsubscribe" on the emails you receive.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification.
If you have complaints about how we process personal information about you, please contact us and we will respond to your request as soon as practicable. If you think we have infringed data protection laws, you can file a claim with (as applicable to where you are located) the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or provincial Privacy Commissioner, the UK Information Commissioner's Office or the data protection supervisory authority in the European Union country in which you live or work.
ADDITIONAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA AND VIRGINIA RESIDENTS
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information and device identifiers); commercial information (such as products purchased); internet or other network activity information (such as browsing behavior); geolocation data; electronic, visual or similar information (such as profile image); and inferences made by us (such as shopping or event preferences). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the Collection of Information section above.
We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the Sharing of Information section above.
We may disclose your personal information to companies, organizations, and individuals inside and outside of our group as listed in the "Information we Share" section.
As a California resident you may exercise the following rights regarding personal information about you, subject to our ability to verify your request and certain other limitations:
Right to Know: You have the right to submit a verifiable request for copies of specific pieces of your personal information collected in the preceding 12 months or at your option since January 1, 2022;
Right to Delete: You have the right to submit a verifiable request for the deletion of personal information that you have provided to us. Certain information that we hold about you may not be deleted. We are not permitted to delete information that we need to operate our business, administer our employees, protect our legal obligations and rights, or to provide security for our employees, our systems and our company;
Right to Correct: You have the right to submit a verifiable request for the correction of inaccurate personal information maintained by us, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of processing the personal information;
Right to Opt Out of Sale and Sharing: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information and the disclosure of your personal information for cross-context advertising;
Right to Limit Processing of Sensitive Personal Information: You have the right to tell us not to process sensitive personal information except for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at [email protected] or calling us at 480.421.6694.
California's Shine the Light law permits California residents to request and receive, once per calendar year and free of charge, information about our sharing of your personal information (if any) with third parties for their own direct marketing use. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email [email protected] or call us at 480.421.6694.
In your request, please include your name and attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity before responding to this request.
VIRGINIA CONSUMER DATA PROTECTION ACT ("VCDPA")
If you are a Virginia resident, you may exercise the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
Right to confirm whether or not we process your Personal Data and request access to such data;
Right to delete Personal Data you have provided to us or that we have obtained about you, subject to exceptions;
Right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data;
Right to opt out of the processing of your Personal Data for purposes of: (i) targeted advertising; (ii) the sale of Personal Data; and (iii) the processing of your Personal Data for certain types of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects;
Right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format;
Right to appeal any decision with regard to your privacy request.
Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of the rights listed above. To exercise your Virginia privacy rights described above, please submit your request to [email protected] or call us at 480.421.6694.
VERIFICATION PROCESS AND REQUIRED INFORMATION
All requests must be verified. Some requests, including receiving a copy of your data or requests made by an agent claiming to be acting on your behalf, are subject to heightened requirements. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information provided, a request for a copy of your data shall be treated as a request for information and if we cannot verify your identity, a request to delete personal information may be treated as a request to opt out of the sale of personal information.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. An authorized agent must have written documentation of their authority to act on your behalf, such as a Power of Attorney.