For important information regarding Barrett-Jackson’s acquisition of The Collector Car Network Inc., please refer to the article posted on The ClassicCars.com Journal (https://journal.classiccars.com/2021/07/29/barrett-jackson-acquires-classiccars-com-and-collector-car-network).
Information Collection and Use
AutoHunter is the sole owner of the information collected on the Site and the Blog. We collect personally identifiable information from our users at several different points for both web properties.
In order to use certain features of the Site or the Blog, such as posting a comment or subscribing to email updates, you must complete a form in which you provide us with your contact information (such as your name and email address). We use this information to contact you about the services in which you have expressed interest.
We may give you the option of providing basic demographic information such as income, gender, and education to us. We strongly encourage you to share this information with us so we can provide our community with a better, more useful experience on the Site and the Blog. Providing any such demographic information is entirely voluntary and is identified as such at the time of data collection.
Surveys and Contests
From time to time we may offer you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Site or the Blog. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as your age and postal code).
We use this information to gather feedback about our sites' features, notify contest winners, and/or to send participants an email newsletter.
We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; any such company will be prohibited from using our users' personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice.
Communications from Us
If you disclose your email address to us, we will occasionally send you information on new Blog features, services, special deals, and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see "Choice and Opt-Out" below for more information.
If you wish to subscribe to our email newsletters, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe with each newsletter we send.
Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we may send you a welcoming email and/or a confirmation email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide specific services you request, and to manage any other feature or service under which you are identified by your email address. We will communicate with you by email and/or telephone, in accordance with your wishes.
We may store information that we collect through cookies, server log files, tracking images, and third party sources to create a profile of your preferences. We may tie your personally identifiable information to information in the profile in order to provide you with tailored promotions and marketing offers and to improve the content of the Blog for you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share aggregated demographic information about our visitors with our partners, affiliates, and advertisers. This information does not identify individual users; rather, it provides our partners, affiliates, and advertisers with a description of our user base as a whole. Partners may include third parties with whom we have or may have a business relationship, such as sponsors.
We share personally identifiable information with select third parties:
- Email service providers. We use third parties to provide email delivery services. When you sign up for a newsletter, subscribe to a feed, or otherwise provide your email address, we will share your email address and certain elements of your profile as necessary with the appropriate service provider for the sole purpose of providing that service.
- Infrastructure providers. We use third parties to host the Blog and keep it maintained and backed up. Personally identifiable information we store on third-party systems and networks is always under our control and access to it is secured in a manner consistent with good information technology practices and procedures.
- Fulfillment providers. We use third parties to manage, ship and deliver any physical goods which we may, from time to time, give away or offer for sale. Any personally identifiable information, such as your name and address, will be used by these service providers solely for the purpose of fulfilling orders and delivering goods.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
Choice and Opt-Out
We provide you with the opportunity to opt out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you register for an account with us but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our registration form.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication. Any such opt-out instructions may take up to ten (10) working days to process, during which time you may continue to receive newsletters and promotional communications.
You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent or service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
Log Files and Analytics
As is typical of professionally managed websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data for each visitor to the Site or the Blog.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site and the Blog, to track visitors' movements around our web properties, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Generally, we do not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information. IP addresses are, however, tied to personally identifiable information in conjunction with certain features such as comments in order to help protect our community from spam.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. We do not store any personally identifiable information in cookies, but we may link the information we store in cookies to personally identifiable information when required for technical reasons, such as in keeping track of your comments.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our web properties. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's documentation. More information about cookies can be found on Wikipedia.
We set a persistent cookie to help keep track of visits our users make to our web properties. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our sites. If you reject cookies, you may still use our sites, but your ability to use some features may be limited.
We and/or our third-party partners employ a software technology called tracking graphics (a.k.a. "Web beacons" or "Web bugs") that help us better manage content on our sites by informing us what content is effective. Tracking graphics are tiny, transparent images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, tracking graphics are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. As with cookies, we may tie the information gathered by tracking graphics to our users' personally identifiable information.
We use tracking graphics in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt out of these emails, you may do so by following the instructions included in every such communication.
Third Party Advertisers
Links to Other Websites
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on one of our sites, we encrypt that information using secure sockets layer technology (SSL). To learn more about SSL, read this Wikipedia entry.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially viable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security on our sites, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event The AutoHunter goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our sites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Want to Chat?
Last updated: July 7, 2020
For states with changes to privacy laws
* California, Nevada. Privacy Notice to the Consumer
This privacy notice to the consumer is an addendum to the information contained in the Privacy Statement of AutoHunter (collectively, "we," "us," or "our") and applies to visitors, users, and others who reside in the United States. We adopt this Privacy Notice to adhere to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and Nevada Senate Bill 220 (an Act relating to Internet privacy) and other California and other state privacy laws (all such laws are collectively referred to for purposes of this Privacy Notice as the "CCPA"). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice. By using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice and agree that you are subject to the AutoHunter Terms of Service and AutoHunter Privacy Statement.
Information Collected by AutoHunter
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). Specifically, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Personal information categories are obtained from the following categories listed above of sources:
- Directly from our users when they submit a lead form or other web form on a AutoHunter site.
- Directly and indirectly from interaction with our website (or an affiliated site). For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details (including without limitation IP address, device ID, geolocation data collected automatically).
- Directly from our clients or their agents. For example, from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they engage us or from audience segments used for targeted advertising.
- Indirectly from our clients or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our clients in the course of providing services to them.
- From data aggregators and similar vendors.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. For example, from demand-side platforms, data management platforms, ad targeting vendors, and/or ascription partners. For example, we may absorb audience data from third-party data providers to execute targeted ad serving. We may also receive aggregated vehicle sales records for analysis and other consideration.
- From anti-fraud and other crime prevention vendors.
Personal Information Usage
We may use or reveal the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to provide a lead to a car seller or other party, we will use that information and submit as indicated.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you including the powering of products and features used throughout the site.
- To power and maintain saved user accounts.
- For attribution purposes.
- To send promotional materials.
- To contact you. We may occasionally contact you with offers and information about our services, our affiliates, and our corporate subsidiaries, including in connection with your accounts, online surveys, legal notices, news stories, new features that you are entitled to access, and other important information. You may opt out of receiving such email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
- To provide custom and/or individually tailored website experiences.
- For ad serving, targeting and retargeting, creation of audience segments, and related OBA (online behavioral advertising) purposes.
- To create inferred search preferences and inclination/intent to purchase certain vehicles or makes/models for improved ad targeting and custom experience implantation.
- For internal operations and site optimization including product development.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To enable anti-fraud and crime prevention efforts.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- For additional purposes more fully described in our Privacy Statement.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Personal Information Sharing
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes as described below:
- A. Identifiers - we collect names and other identifiers when consumers submit leads or open accounts.
- B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) - we collect names and other identifiers when consumers submit leads or open accounts.
- C. Commercial information - we collect this information for attribution purposes.
- D. Internet or similar network activity- we collect behavioral information to create custom experiences and targeted messaging.
- E. Geolocation data - we collect Geolocation data to create custom experiences and targeted messaging as well as for attribution purposes.
- F. Inferences drawn from personal information - we collect inference information to create custom experiences and targeted messaging.
Categories to which we may Disclose Personal Information of Parties
We may disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our subsidiaries, parent(s) and affiliates.
- Service providers (including without limitation Ad targeting/retargeting vendors, attribution vendors, and HR and other internal operations platform providers).
- Clients and customers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In the preceding twelve (12) months we have not sold personal information.
Your Choices and Rights
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Data Portability Rights and Access to Specific Information
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Rights of Deletion Request
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech and/or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Data Portability, Execution of Access, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing email@example.com
- Contacting us via telephone at (480) 845-6600 and asking for Consumer Privacy.
- Mailing AutoHunter at:
Attn: Consumer Privacy
1345 E Chandler Blvd., Suite 101
Phoenix, AZ 85048
Only you (or a person registered with the Secretary of State of your state of residence that you authorize to act on your behalf) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot reply to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights of Personal Information Sales
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us as follows:
- Phone: (480) 845-6600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Consumer Privacy
1345 E Chandler Blvd., Suite 101
Phoenix, AZ 85048
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by contacting us as provided above. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
Response Timing and Format
We strive to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and timeframe in writing. If you have an account with us, we reserve the right to deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option (if no preference is indicated we reserve the right to contact you at our discretion). Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt date of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Privacy Notice Changes
We reserve the right to update and periodically amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, amendments will be posted online, and the date of update will be included. Your continued use of AutoHunter and its affiliated sites after any such update indicates your agreement to the same.
Finally, you may also mail us at:
Attn: Consumer Privacy
1345 E Chandler Blvd., Suite 101
Phoenix, AZ 85048